The Right Methods on How to Clean White Chucks?
Wearing white chucks is great but you need to know how to clean white chucks as well. Cleaning them is no big when you have got the right methods.
Owning white chucks means that you need to know how to clean white chucks as well in order to maintain them. These shoes have been popular since like forever. Is it like they have become the official shoes of New York City? There is no person who does not wear chucks. Not only in NYC but these guys are all over the place. It seems like wherever you look you find somebody wearing chucks. This is because chucks are a beautiful creation and they definitely make it easy for regular use. But you need to take care when you decide to wash fabric shoes.
The Most Popular Shoes Around
The white chucks are the most abundantly worn by people. You might have seen these mostly around. But when did the white shoes became the standard style? Well, that depends on the sales of the shoes. These were the most popular shoes in 2007 and since then they have become even more popular.
Chucks Require Maintenance Too
Apart from all this, as you own chucks, you also need to take care of their appearance as well. Wearing them on a regular basis means that you will obviously get them dirty at some point, no matter how much you be careful. Even if you have got stains on them then no need to be disappointed as you can clean them in simple and easy ways.
Here you will know about the easy to do methods which you can do at home and they will be just like new. You can use these methods for stains and even for removing the bad odors from your shoes.
Initial Step For How To Clean White Chucks
Before you start on to how to clean white chucks, you first need to take out the laces of the shoes and wash them separately. Run lukewarm water and put them under the running water to dampen. Take a bowl and pour in some lukewarm water with a tablespoon of detergent. Put the shoe laces in for a while. After some time, take them out and brush those with a toothbrush to assure all the areas are being cleaned for the dirt to escape. As soon as you are done washing them with lukewarm water again and set them for drying.
Now moving on to the actual issue of cleaning the entire shoe. Be careful while washing shoes in washer.
Method 1: Cleaning with Detergent
To clean the white shoes you need to:
- Pour normal temperature water in a bowl
- Add in some detergent and mix it thoroughly till it forms a paste
- Dip a toothbrush in the mixture and then start cleaning the areas of the shoes wherethere are dirt or stains
- Scrub in a circular motion and first concentrate the areas that are stained the most
- After cleaning all the areas, rinse with water
- Dry off the excess water with the help of a towel
- Use detergents that don’t involve bleach in them
- You can wash your suede boots with this method as well.
Method 2: Baking Soda and Vinegar
The first step always involves in taking off the shoe laces and washing them separately. After that:
- Drench your chucks in cold water. You can either rinse with running faucet water or just dunk them in the basin or a bucket.
- Use cold water as it does not allow the stains to sink in nor lighten the original color of the shoes
- Make a paste of vinegar (three parts) and baking soda (two parts)
- Apply some paste on a toothbrush and then clean the stained areas
- Avoid using metal spoons as vinegar can react to it
- Rinse the shoes with cold water when done
- Afterward, put your shoes in the washing machine to clean them thoroughly
Method 3: Nail Polish Remover
Just when you thought nail polish removers are only for removing nail polish.
- Apply nail polish remover on a cloth and rub it on the stains wherever
- Rub gently and in a circular motion to evenly remove everything
- As soon as you are done with this, wash the chucks with water
- After washing it with water, put in the washer to thoroughly clean them
Method 4: Toothpaste
Believe it or not but a non-gel toothpaste can save the day.
- Work the toothpaste on the dirty spots
- Let it stay for at least ten minutes
- After that, wipe the toothpaste off with a damp towel
- The toothpaste will also maintain the white color of the chucks
Method 5: Dishwasher
What? Are you serious? This is what you may be thinking right now and yes it is true. A dishwasher can help you clean all the stains and remove the stink from your shoes as well.
- Make sure your dishwasher is empty before you do this
- Run hot water from the kitchen’s faucet so the dishwasher gets heated too
- Just like regular, add in dish detergent like you do
- Place in your chucks facing down on the top first rack
- Run the dishwasher on the normal cycle
- When the cycle completes, take the shoes out and set them for dryingWashing TOMS shoes is somewhat different. So be careful with those shoes.
Method 6: Petroleum Jelly
Make the things at home to use and clean your chucks easily. Remember, this technique is only useful for cleaning the front patch and side soles.
- Take a small amount of petroleum jelly on a cloth
- Rub the cloth to the front slippery patch and the side soles
- Once the dirt is off then clean it again with a clean piece of cloth
Method 7: Magic Eraser
This thing works like wonder. Find out how:
- Dampen your chucks in cold water or dunk them in a bowl full of water
- Moisten the magic eraser and scrub against the stains or you can just rub all over the shoe
You may have seen that no drying tips were mentioned in the above methods. This is because the drying part is always the same no matter what method you use. Once you wash your white chucks, use a dry cloth to absorb the excess water. After this, let them dry out outdoors. Do not put your shoes under direct sunlight and always air dry them. If you are in an emergency situation then your blow dryer can also do the job right.
Cleaning your white chucks with the DIY methods is much easier than finding somebody to do it for you. By following these tips, you can surely ace the process of how to clean white chucks.