How to Clean Cloth Shoes at Home!
Does it feel like trouble when you think about how to clean cloth shoes? Simple and easy methods that can help you clean your white cloth shoes are what you need.
Don’t get frustrated on how to clean cloth shoes question
How to clean cloth shoes is an issue everybody canvas shoe owner faces. Cloth shoes were never out of fashion since the very first day they came. They are simple and comfortable as well. But one thing these cloth shoes bring along which is that they can get dirty really fast. As spring is approaching, the canvas shoes will be back in business again. You will see people wearing canvas shoes everywhere. The benefit of wearing cloth shoes in spring or summer season is that they allow the sweat to dry up easily which makes them the best pair of shoes for warm seasons. As for the cold season, you might want to stay limited to the long boots or suede shoes as cloth shoes don’t protect the feet from cold much.
Why are people so into cloth shoes?
You can wear cloth shoes which are usually the canvas shoes with almost anything. They have become like a style statement and every single person will be seen wearing them. Even they have introduced cloth canvas shoes for children as well and they look amazingly cute. Cloth shoes are the perfect companion for the summer season. Here are the top reasons why people prefer cloth shoes:
Breathable Materials- The cloth shoes are made from quality material which is breathable. As the material used to manufacture them is cotton thus they make it easy for the feet to breathe in. When the temperature rises they become really comfortable to wear.
Light in Weight- For walking and going on trips you can wear the canvas cloth shoes as they are the most comfortable. Actually, cloth shoes are great for all sorts of occasions as they give a light feel while wearing them. They are easy to carry around as well. The rubber around the shoes makes it the perfect shoe for gripping surfaces.
Stylish and Trendy- There are several brands offering cloth shoes and new canvas shoes design are being introduced which are selling like crazy all over the world. New attractive colors have been out in the markets that make it easy for you to buy with every outfit you own. But at the same time, white cloth shoes are still the standard purchases by a lot of people.
Easy to Clean- As the cloth shoes are easy to wear everywhere there are 100% chances of them getting dirty. Being cloth shoes they can easily absorb in any kind of stain which sometimes becomes hard to clean. This is also a benefit that they are made from cloth as cleaning and washing them is easy.
You can try as hard as you can but the cloth shoes can always get dirty no matter what kind of color they have. Especially white shoes are the ones that attract the most dirt. It’s like the dirt of the entire world gets onto them.
Cleaning Cloth Shoes
Owning cloth shoes means you have got to maintain them as well. But how to clean cloth shoes is a question that will leave you wondering as there are so many options to choose from. But first here are the main things you would be needing for cleaning your fabric shoes apart from the specific ingredients:
- Clean piece of cloth
- Cold water
Tip #1: Cleaning the Stains with Detergent
When it comes to wearing cloth shoes you definitely would need to be ready for the cleaning and maintenance. If your canvas shoes have got stains on them then here is what you need to do:
- Mix a little detergent with enough water to form a paste
- Wet the shoes under running water or dip them in a bowl full of water
- Dip the toothbrush in the water and detergent mixture and then rub on the stains of the shoes
- Rub gently and in a circular motion
- Keep rubbing until the stain vanishes
- Rinse the shoes with running water or again dunk them in a bowl full of water
- After the detergent washes out from the shoes then let them dry
Tip #2: Cleaning the Stains with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Again to clean stains, you can use this alternative method too.
- Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda enough to clean the stains
- Apply some amount of the mixture on the toothbrush and start cleaning the stains
- Just like before gently scrub with the area of stain with the toothbrush
- Scrub in a circular motion
- When the stain disappears rinse the shoes with cold water
- Set them for drying afterward
Tip #3: Using Washing Machine
Yes, you heard it. Using a washing machine to clean your shoes is also a method you need to try. Not only it removes the stains but it also removes any sort of odor coming out from the shoes and leave them like new.
- If you have got stains then wetting the shoes and using the detergent and water mixture to clean them first would be best
- After cleaning off the stains, pour cold water in the washer and add detergent
- Turn on the washer so the water and detergent are mixed
- Add in your shoes and put on the washer on the regular washing cycle
- When the washing cycle is over, take out the shoes and rinse with cold water again
- At last, let your shoes dry out
Drying the Cloth Shoes
When you shoes are dripping with water either use a clean piece of cloth to absorb the excess water or through them in the spinner with a few towels. For completely drying out the cloth shoes you need to make sure that you air dry them. Do not expose them to direct sunlight as the cloth will wear out soon in the future. Also read how to clean other types of boots. There are different methods for cleaning TOMS and Suede shoes washing.
Always use cold water to wash or rinse the shoes. Warm water strikes hard and makes the color fade away. Even when you have to wash white Chucks shoes made from cloth, you need to make sure you are using cold water. Only dry in air and not in harsh sunlight as it damages the cloth and will make it wear out in the future soon.
Follow these tips and information to clean your shoes in the most effective and safest way. By now you will probably know how to clean cloth shoes at home.